Nicole’s Special Events & Catering Co. is the Capital District’s premiere full-service off-premise catering and event coordination agency. We are always available to expertly plan your next party or event, whether large or small. Nicole’s Catering specializes in weddings, but also cater social and corporate events such as bridal and baby showers, rehearsal dinners, anniversary celebrations, business luncheons, meetings and conferences. Our skilled event production team will travel to your location in Albany, Saratoga, Schenectady, Troy, the Hudson Valley, Catskills, Adirondacks, Berkshires, Western New York and beyond.
Nicole’s Restaurant, located in Albany’s Delaware Avenue neighborhood, is a fine dining locale specializing in upscale Italian and contemporary American cuisine. Join us for dinner and experience an intimately romantic atmosphere in our main dining room, or a peacefully secluded oasis out on our back deck. Have an old favorite like a perfectly grilled baseball-cut steak, or be adventurous and try some of our exciting new Chef’s Specials. Our extensive wine list is always available, as is a full bar with many top-shelf specialty cocktails.
Director of Client Coordination
Bar and Restaurant Manager
Service Team Leader
We are honored that you are interested in a career at Nicole’s Restaurant and/or Nicole’s Special Events & Catering!
Here at Nicole’s, we are always looking for fresh, smiling faces to help us deliver an exceptional guest experience that goes above and beyond our client’s expectations.
See what positions we have available currently and fill out an application today.
To ensure a positive and professional dining experience to all guests, by providing exceptional customer service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arranging table placement
- Set up venues for events including but not limited too; tables, chairs, linens, dishware and other amenities
- Polishing china and silverware
- Carrying dinner, passing and clearing trays
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Greeting and directing guests
- Clearing tables and food stations
- Keeping guest tables, food stations and venue clean at all times
- Take orders from guests, serve courses in a timely manner
- Know the menu and major ingredients
- Adhering to health and safety standards
- Closing an event, breaking down tables and cleaning venue
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
- Attend all staff meetings as required
- Minimum must be a High School graduate or completed GED
- At least 18 years or older
- 1-2 years of serving experience
- Must be able to maintain appropriate work pace, perform assigned tasks, and communicate orally.
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs, exchange information between staff and clients, distinguish between different foods and beverages, transport event equipment items 25-50 pounds and work around weather conditions.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to SarahC@nicolescatering.com Please put Catering Server in the subject line.
Prep cook/ Banquet cook / Job Summary:
Banquet Cooks work under the supervision of an executive chef and Banquet chef and are responsible for food preparation
Essential Job Functions:
- Adhere to policies and procedures regarding sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Maintains the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy, and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper food handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, as required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare all foods following Nicole’s standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Executive Chef.
- Breakdown buffets and plated meals, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Executive Sous chef.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
- Perform additional duties as the need arises
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Degree from accredited culinary school.
• Must be able to work in hot kitchen, in fast paced environments and in demanding situations.
• Must be willing to begin work some days in the early morning hours and other times remain at work late into the night depending on the size and time of a particular banquet.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays as these are common times for banquets.
• Must be able to handle heavy lifting over 50lbs, long hours of standing and other taxing physical activities.
• Be prepared to quickly deal with injuries like cuts and burns that can result in busy kitchens even when safety guidelines are strictly observed.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to SarahC@nicolescatering.com Please put Prep Cook in the subject line.